commons-user mailing list archives

From lek...@heisterberg.dk
Subject [dbcp] Anyone who knows how the connection pool is closed upon server shutdown?
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:42:19 GMT
Hi there,

I writing a custom connection pool for a project under Tomcat (written as
the dbcp using the javax.naming.spi.ObjectFactory interface). The
connection pool doesn't implement the javax.sql.DataSource interface.

For the connection pool I need some lifecycle management and in that
regard I was wondering how dbcp makes sure all the connections are closed
when the application server shuts down. I can see from the source that the
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource class has a close() method but I
cannot see how it is called upon server termination.

Does any of you guys know?

Mikkel Heisterberg