commons-user mailing list archives

From "Gilbert, Antoine" <AGilb...@korem.com>
Subject RE: commons-compress
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:41:04 GMT
Hi again

I don't know very well all the encoding stuff and zip/unzip stuff

I would have thought that in the zip specification it could exists some
headers telling about the encoding of the file names. But I have no
clue.

Antoine

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:mario@ops.co.at]
Sent: February 24, 2006 12:52 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: commons-compress

Hi Gilbert!
>  I have filenames with special characters (French accents) to compress
> (base zip format), I set the encoding as UTF-8 but my filenames are
> getting wrong in the archive.

I am definitely not sure about what I say now, but I think it is not
possible to use UTF-8 encoding by default?
Its sort of non standard extension.
At least your "unzip" have to know how to deal with, maybe yours is not
capable to handle these utf-8 encoded strings.

If possible try using a non multibyte encoding.

Or correct me if I am wrong :-)

Ciao,
Mario