commons-user mailing list archives

From "Guillermo Vasconcelos" <gvasconce...@baufest.com>
Subject [VFS] FTP Sending LIST while in binary mode
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:21:27 GMT
I ran into a problem with a strict FTP server that needs the LIST
command to be send while on ascii mode. If it is sent on binary mode,
the server doesn't respond properly. I think the Server behaviour is
correct acording to the FTP RFC 959, but doesn't work with VFS because
it set's the mode to binary at the beginning and never changes it. The
correct behaviour I think should be to change the mode to ascii before a
LIST (and a NLST) and then back to the original mode. At least thats the
behaviour that has the ftp command (I checked with ftp -d host)
Is there any workarround?
Thanks