commons-user mailing list archives

From Boris Unckel <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject [All] Newbies and questioners: Please respect the policy of this list
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 21:48:57 GMT
Hello,

due to the last weeks of many unsortable mail headers:
Here http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Commons is a important
sentence about the "good tone" of the topics of any messages to this list.

> Since there are multiple projects in commons, after successfully
> subscribing, please add [/component_name/] at the beginning of the
> subject of your mail. This will allow all concerned to use their mail
> agent's filter system to focus on the particular components they are
> interested in.
>
> The various Commons components use the same mail list to improve
> cross-pollination of ideas.

Many people (me too) use automatic filters of their mail clients to sort
the different components and read the components of interest.
Please make life of people who read the list continuously easier - they
are reading the list to help you.

The more people obey that - the more new people see how it works and
helps...

Thanks and regards
Boris