commons-user mailing list archives

From Mark Fortner <phidia...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [vfs] Out of Memory Exception when making an SFTP connection
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 19:29:22 GMT
Mario,
I don't explicitly use a FileCache.  But I do use VFS.getManager(), so
it must be creating a cache automatically.  I resolve the file like this:

        FileSystemManager fsManager;
        FileObject file = null;

        fsManager = VFS.getManager();
        file = fsManager.resolveFile( url );

I use the FileObject to get a list of the children which initializes a
Vector in a table model.  The list of files is fairly small though, so
it shouldn't be running out of memory.

I've been running this through Eclipse, and also in stand alone mode and
I've allocated 512Mb of memory, but I'm still running out of memory.

Mark