commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] Out of Memory Exception when making an SFTP connection
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 19:10:06 GMT
Hi Mark!
> My question is, are there configuration settings, or other parameters
> that I must use to access the SFTP directory?  The documentation is a
> little light on examples.  Currently, all I'm doing is resolving the
> URL to a FileObject and then getting all children of that directory.
> The URL I'm using follows the pattern specified in the documentation.
> (i.e. "sftp://myaccount:mypassword@myserver.com" ).
Sounds good, there isnt much additional magic.

Do you use set a FilesCache? You should use the VFS default. You do this
if you simply use VFS.getManager().
Do you hold a list to the resolved FileObjects somewhere around? So that
VFS cant release the memory.

At least maybe SFTP needs a little more memory (dont know) so you could
try to add the -Xmx parameter to the java command.

Ciao,
Mario