commons-user mailing list archives

From "Knezevic, Mihael" <m.kneze...@porta.de>
Subject RE: [Help] FTP of files with non english file names
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 07:55:09 GMT
but if you can retrieve the file with the right filename, then where is the problem? if you
are checking the filenames on the remote machine with a shell then perhaps the shell doesn't
support chinese characters?

i use commons-net with filenames which contains german umlaute (like äöüÜÖÄ) and the
files are created with the right filenames. if i use the windows command line ftp client it
won't show the right filenames, cause it doesn't support non-english characters. if i check
on the remote machine in some other way (vnc) the filenames are ok.

i hope this helps.

mk