commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark A Fortner <phidia...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] ftp hangs on initial resolveFile
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:34:23 GMT
Mark,
It looks like you might be missing commons-compress
from your classpath.  This would explain the error
msg:

DEBUG [main] - Skipping provider 
>
"org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.tar.TarFileProvider"
> because required 
> class
> "org.apache.commons.compress.tar.TarInputStream" is
> not available.

Mark



--- Mark Shifman <mark.shifman@yale.edu> wrote:

> Hi:
> I am trying to use the ftp file system of VFS  and
> the system just hangs.
> 
> String urlstr = 
>
"ftp://myuser:mypass@myserver/ypedmftp/tmp_yped_files/dige_mascot_decyder";
> FileSystemManager fsManager = VFS.getManager();
> FileObject ftpdir = fsManager.resolveFile(urlstr);
> System.out.println(ftpdir.getType().getName());
> System.out.println(ftpdir.getName().getPath());
> System.out.println("exists "+ftpdir.exists());
> 
> DEBUG [main] - Skipping provider 
>
"org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.tar.TarFileProvider"
> because required 
> class
> "org.apache.commons.compress.tar.TarInputStream" is
> not available.
> <snip>
> DEBUG [main] - putFile: 
>
ftp://myuser:mypass@myserver/ypedmftp/tmp_yped_files/dige_mascot_decyder
> DEBUG [main] - putFile:
> ftp://myuser:mypass@myserver/
> DEBUG [main] - putFile:
> ftp://myuser:mypass@myserver/ypedmftp/tmp_yped_files
> 
> and it hangs here.
> 
> If I use the simple url to get to the server it
> works:
> String urlstr = "ftp://myuser:mypass@myserver/";
> 
> folder
> /
> exists true
> 
> Adding the any path information seems to make things
> hang.
> 
> Using the FtpCheck.java routine looks appropriate:
> 
> System: Windows_NT
> #0: 02-10-06  09:56AM                18860
> Anderson_410_EST othersmerged.zip
> #0: 02-10-06  09:56AM                18860
> Anderson_410_EST othersmerged.zip
>      name:Anderson_410_EST othersmerged.zip type:0
> #1: 11-11-05  03:35PM                28686
> Biederer_389merged.zip
> #1: 11-11-05  03:35PM                28686
> Biederer_389merged.zip
>      name:Biederer_389merged.zip type:0
> ....
> 
> What am I doing wrong.
> 
> thanks in advance.
> 
> -- 
>  Mark Shifman MD. Ph.D.
>  Yale Center for Medical Informatics
>  Phone (203)737-5219
>  mark.shifman@yale.edu
> 
> 
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message