commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [Help] FTP of files with non english file names
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 05:53:50 GMT

I wrote:
>So the answer was in the javadocs all along.  I keep telling myself not

The javadocs for setControlEncoding actually specifically answer the
exact question:

    /**
     * Sets the character encoding used by the FTP control connection.
     * Some FTP servers require that commands be issued in a non-ASCII
     * encoding like UTF-8 so that filenames with multi-byte character
     * representations (e.g, Big 8) can be specified.
     *
     * @param encoding The new character encoding for the control connection.
     */

daniel

    s a v a r e s e      # In distant lands, I hear the call of my home.
   software research     # Yet my work is not done.  My journey's just begun.
http://www.savarese.com/ #  -- http://www.sleepandthetraveller.com/