commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [Help] FTP of files with non english file names
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 05:27:55 GMT

In message <BAY110-F23CFD3B7F70DE43684DBBDB7FB0@phx.gbl>, "Muthukumar Arasu" wr
ites:
>If I used Apache and tried to get back the file which is there, if I give
>@#123.txt (the file that was transferred through command line), I get back
>the error that the file is missing. If I give @#124.txt, though the file
>name was garbled up it returns the file properly.
>Did you have to set up setControlEncoding before you called the store or
>retrieve methods?

Okay, after following your clarification and looking at the source code,
yes, if you call setControlEncoding, the conversation with the other end
that specifies the file name will use the encoding you specify.  However,
if you don't call it, it will use the system default.  Therefore, I'm not
sure it will solve your problem unless your system default encoding cannot
represent Chinese characters.  Give it a try and see if it takes care of
the problem.

daniel

    s a v a r e s e      # In distant lands, I hear the call of my home.
   software research     # Yet my work is not done.  My journey's just begun.
http://www.savarese.com/ #  -- http://www.sleepandthetraveller.com/