commons-user mailing list archives

From npeet...@skynet.be
Subject Commons Validator -- validate different proporties on the same <form>
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:25:19 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to use Commons Validator. This is probably a newbie question.

I'm looking to be able to validate different fields on the _same_ form object. The problem
is that you can put them in the same validation.xml, since it will be the same form name....
 I am using Spring MVC and I use my domain object are form Backing object, so I don't have
different objects for each form. Therefore I don't have a dedicated form object per screen...

 My workaround was to create 2 different Factories and therefore 2 different validation.xml
files, but the \"fields to be checked\" (ValidatorResources : hFormSet) are always the same.
I have checked that by debugging. What's the best approach to that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nicolas