commons-user mailing list archives

From Gabriele Bulfon <gbul...@sonicle.com>
Subject VFS Smb Tunnel
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:46:18 GMT
Hello,
I wrote a wrapper to VFS that pre-parses my URIs to recognize the ones starting with:
tunnel://user:pass@sshserver/local-port:remote-machine:remote-port/VFSURI-on-local-machine-and-local-port
This way, I can initialize the ssh tunnel and run the VFS uri into the tunnel.
Currently, I'm testing it with smb, but I ran into trouble.
Because the machine running the tunnel has the default SMB port (139) already busy, I run
the tunnel with local-port 8139 and remote-port 139.
Then I use the VFS URI like: smb://user:pass@127.0.0.1:8139/share
...VFS complains about user/password not correct....
After many tests, I freed the SMB port on the machine running the tunnel, and run the tunnel
with local-port 139 and remote-port 139.
This time I can use default port on VFS URI like :
smb://user:pass@127.0.0.1/share
 or even
smb://user:pass@127.0.0.1:139/share
and they both works.
The VFS documentations states that for CIFS Uri's, the syntax should let me specify a custom
destination port, but this does not seem to be the case.
To me, it appears that the Smb Provider is always defaulting to port 139...
Am I right?
Thanks for any help.
Gabriele.
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com