commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject RE: Betwixt Tutorial Problem
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:43:27 GMT
On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 05:48 -0800, Jeff Marendo wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions, but things are still not working.  The  .betwixt files are
found at runtime
> so I don't think there is a problem  in that area. For whatever reason, the program is
coming up with
> a null value for the Channel instance after it tries to parse the  contents of the file.
>
>   I'm hoping one of the Betwixt developers will see this thread and be able to provide
more insight as
> to what might be wrong.

not sure :-/

the stock configuration uses

  reader.registerBeanClass( Channel.class );

which will automatically register based on the value in the betwixt
file.

perhaps the quickest way to get to grip with betwixt would be to
checkout the source from subversion and run the examples (in
org.apache.commons.betwixt.examples.rss) from there.

betwixt uses maven 1 to build so it's quick to get up and running.

>   p.s. It's worth noting that I ran the WriteExampleApp and  ReadExampleApp
> (both using the PersonBean class that is provided in the  Examples section)
> without a problem (except for the INFO messages,  which still appear).
> However, the XML used for that example seems  simpler than that used in the
> tutorial.

i'm not sure whether has anything much to do with your problem or not
but the content on the website reflects the current codebase which has
had a lot of work put into it since 0.7 (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/tasks.html#Since%200.7). i
strongly recommend anyone trying betwixt to checkout a version using
subversion and roll their own release.

(betwixt really should have had a release in the last quarter of last
year but the commons release process went through a crisis)

- robert