commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Ferraro" <>
Subject [Configuration] thread-safe?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:42:59 GMT
I apologize if this question has been answered, but couldn't seem to
find a search function for the mailing list archives.

Can anyone tell me if the Commons Configuration tools are thread safe?
Specifically, I would like to maintain a global CompositeConfiguration
within a web application that contains several FileConfigurations with
active reload strategies.  I want to make sure that there aren't any
collisions when seperate threads are attempting to access properties on
the same configuration, especially during a reload.

Any idea if this is built in, or do I have to worry about doing this

Mike Ferraro
Senior Software Engineer
CAIT : Information Technology Infrastructure Services
Harvard University
ph: 617-384-6683

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: