commons-user mailing list archives

From "benjamin haimerl" <b-ski...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] content type header is null
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:26:39 GMT
ok. here is an exact copy ;)
fileChooser.jsp

<form action="fileUpload.jsp" method=post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="file" name="file">
<input type="submit" >
</form>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pemberton@gmail.com>
To: "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 1:20 AM
Subject: Re: [FileUpload] content type header is null

On 2/2/06, Himmelfarb, Joy (Bond, Bond HO)
<Joy.Himmelfarb@thehartford.com> wrote:
> I could use some help, please.
>
> I am trying to upload a file on my local drive using IE.  I have an
> <input> of type=file, and other <input> tags as well.
> My form tag is  <form name=frm action=./MyPage.jsp method=post
> ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" >  .
> I have implemented the sample code within the jsp and (alternatively) in a
> java file.  The result is the same either way -
> "the request doesn't contain a multipart/form-data or multipart/mixed
> stream, content type header is null".

My guess is that your html isn't properly formed - is the above an
exact copy/paste of what you have? If so try putting quotes around
your attribute values - especially the "/MyPage.jsp" - since it
contains a "/". If this isn't copy/patsed from what you have then,
please show the actual code.

Niall