commons-user mailing list archives

From Valerio Schiavoni <valerio.schiav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VFS Questions
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:04:39 GMT
Hi Mark

2006/1/2, Mark Fortner <phidias51@yahoo.com>:

>    4. I'd like to be able to rename a file.  But I don't see a very
>       straightforward way of doing it.  There's a move method, and a
>       canBeRenamedTo method, but nothing that explicitly allows me to
>       rename the file and that takes a string.  This might be added to
>       FileUtil if you want to keep the current API the same.

my 2 cents:

    // File (or directory) with old name
    File file = new File(*"oldname"*);

    // File (or directory) with new name
    File file2 = new File(*"newname"*);

    // Rename file (or directory)
    boolean success = file.renameTo(file2);
    if (!success) {
        // File was not successfully renamed
    }

hope it helps.

cheers,
valerio

   5. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to "select" a file.  For