commons-user mailing list archives

From ssrinivas...@worldbank.org
Subject Help required on FTP file upload and download.
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 05:49:32 GMT
Hi,

I have the following project requirements on FTP file upload and download.  As I
am new to this, I would require your help on the same.

Project requirements:
=============
a) Frequent disconnections would happen during FTP file upload/download.
b) The users should be able to upload/download > 50mb file size.
c) If for eg. file upload/download breaks in between, the next attempt should
start from where it left off.
d) The FTP upload/download should be secured.
e) Implementation should be user friendly and too much details should not be
exposed.
f) Should not pose any performance issues.

I shall be greatful if anyone of you can tip me on

i) What are the various open source available for FTP file upload and download?
ii) How I should go about deciding which one of the various alternatives is
suitable for my above requirements?

Thanks and Regards
S Srikkanth