commons-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Wish list
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:25:19 GMT
Hi Borut,

Borut Bolcina wrote on Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:06 AM:
>> Since you make seem to access the distinct configuration
> files anyway, use subsets instead:
>> <configuration>
>>     <additional>
>>         <xml fileName="prop1.xml" at="prop1" at="entryOne" />
>>     <!-- ... --> </additional>
>> </configuration>
>> config.subset("entryOne");
> Where is <additional> tag documented?

I missed that one also in
Have a look at the unit tests for ConfigurationFactory though.

> Is there a DTD or XML Schema?

Not that I am aware of, but it should be easy to create on, since c-c uses no arbitrary tags.

> There are two attributes with the same name (at).

Sorry, just omit the first one, when I wrote this, I looked at your sample and decided, that
is would be better to put the read XML configuration under the tag entryOne instead of prop1.
So my example should have been:

        <xml fileName="prop1.xml" at="entryOne" />
    <!-- ... --> </additional>

> Thanks for your quick reply Jörg!

You're welcome,

To unsubscribe, e-mail: