commons-user mailing list archives

From "Josef Wagner" <JosefWag...@web.de>
Subject AW: Converting Java Plain Objects (OJB) to XML
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 07:57:33 GMT
Hello,

thanks a lot for your suggestion.

I also have found another way to do this:

beanWriter.getXMLIntrospector().getConfiguration().
  setPropertySuppressionStrategy(
    new PropertySuppressionStrategy() {
      public boolean suppressProperty(Class classContainingTheProperty,
        Class propertyType, String propertyName) {
          if (propertyType.equals(Integer.class) ||
            propertyType.equals(String.class) ||
            propertyType.getClass().equals(Long.class) ||
            propertyType.getClass().equals(Float.class) ||
            propertyType.getClass().equals(BigDecimal.class) ||
            propertyType.equals(Timestamp.class)) {
              return false;
         }
         return true;
      }
  });

This works also fine.

But know, I have another problem, when reading the XML-Stream

I do the following:
1. Writing different Beans in a Stream

beanWriter.write("myBean1", new MyBean1());
beanWriter.write("myBean2", new MyBean2());
beanWriter.write("myBean3", new MyBean3());

2. Reading the different Beans from the written stream

beanReader.registerBeanClass("myBean1", MyBean1.class);
MyBean1 myBean1 = (MyBean1) beanReader.parse(xmlReader);

beanReader.registerBeanClass("myBean2", MyBean2.class);
MyBean2 myBean2 = (MyBean2) beanReader.parse(xmlReader);

beanReader.registerBeanClass("myBean3", MyBean3.class);
MyBean3 myBean3 = (MyBean3) beanReader.parse(xmlReader);

This way ends in Exceptions. When I write an read only one Bean, all works
fine. Isn't it possible to have more Beans in the XML output?

My second problem is that at this time I haven't the information, which tipe
of Bean (MyBean1, MyBean2, MyBean3) comes as returnvalue, when starting
"beanReader.parse(xmlReader);"

Thanks a lot for help
Josef Wagner (Germany)