commons-user mailing list archives

From "Roshan Paiva" <Rosh...@virtusa.com>
Subject Configuration: Loading multiple property files
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:51:06 GMT
Hi,

I need to be able to,

- load multiple property files

- watch them for changes and

- have them reloaded if changed without a server restart.

I have done the following, however when I load multiple property files
it seems to watch only the first file that was loaded (in this case it
reloads message.properties and not email.properties). It would be great
if you could let me know what I'm doing wrong, or if there is a better
way of achieving the same.

            PropertiesConfiguration config = new
PropertiesConfiguration();

            config.load("message.properties");

            config.load("email.properties");

            config.setReloadingStrategy(new
FileChangedReloadingStrategy());

I have also tried using a single property file with the other files
defined inside that file (include=something.properties). In this case
too, it doesn't seem to reload the other property files.

Thanks and Regards

Roshan