commons-user mailing list archives

From foo java <fooj...@googlemail.com>
Subject coomons dbcp refresh connections - how?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:56:37 GMT
Hi,

I am using jakarta commons DBCP package to pool the jdbc connections. I am
wondering is there any way with it to refresh the connections between pool
and database?

Say, in case at the start the connections are established between pool and
database. Client request and return the connection to the pool. In case
because of network down or database down, the connection between pool and db
gets broken. Is there any way to judge and refresh the connection between
pool and db??

Any ideas??

regards,
foo