commons-user mailing list archives

From Kfir Shay <kfir.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 04:26:35 GMT
Hi,

I am a bit confused about the documentation inconsistencies in the commons
configuration package.

In the "ConfigurationFactory Howto" document in the section called "The
configuration definition file" it is stated that the xml element creates an
instance of XMLConfiguration:
"The xml element can be used to load XML configuration files. It also uses
the fileName attribute to determine the name of the file to load and creates
an instance of XMLConfiguration."  Yet earlier in the "Accessing properties"
section it is stated that ConfigurationFactory only return a configuration
object via the getConfiguration()  method: "Whatever way we used to load the
configuration factory, we should now have a Configuration object that was
returned by the factory's getConfiguration()  method. This object is
actually an instance of the CompositeConfiguration class"

c\Currently my configuration consist of only one xml file but I want to use
the ConfigurationFactory and leverage the config.xml file for the case that
more configuration files will be added in the future (most probably all will
be in xml format) but at the same time I need to get a XMLConfiguration
object not the more general Configuration object can someone please clarify
how to achieve this.

This is my first post to the list, I hope some of you will take the time to
give me an answer.

Thanks,
Kfir S.
AIM:kingink24