commons-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: [beanutils] svn update
Date Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:04:35 GMT
Wendy Smoak on 22/01/06 15:13, wrote:
> On 1/22/06, Adam Hardy <adam.hardy@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:
>

>>adam@gondor:/home/java/commons-beanutils/trunk$ svn up
>>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk
>>svn: 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils'
>>is not a working copy
>>
>>Which directory on my hard drive do I need to be in, and is that URL
>>correct for an update?
>

> What you name the directory on your side doesn't matter.  (I always
> leave off the 'trunk' part.  Sometimes I do a fresh checkout into
> project-temp to make sure build changes work, and then delete it.)
>
> This page (under Project Info on the menu)
>    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/cvs-usage.html
> gives the correct URL, which is
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/beanutils/trunk
>
> $ svn info
>    will tell you what URL your Subversion client thinks is associated
> with a directory.

Thanks for the help Wendy.

I realise now that it was just a bad case of svn newby-itus. There was
actually nothing new in the repo for me to be updated with.

svn returns the status msg: 'At revision 371349' when I execute it
correctly. I thought I was using it wrong, when in fact that is exactly
what it is meant to do when it's all up to date with nothing to change.

regards
Adam