commons-user mailing list archives

From Markus Härnvi <j...@harnvi.net>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Suppress the use of BeanInfo in introspection
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:02:25 GMT

Hi!

I don't think it does what I want. It seems like the BeanInfoSearchPath
is only used if the Introspector can't find a BeanInfo class in the same
package as the Bean. If it finds it in the same package it will use even
if BeanInfoSearchPath is empty.

This is from the Introspector Javadoc:

'For each class "Foo", explicit information may be available if there
exists a corresponding "FooBeanInfo" class that provides a non-null
value when queried for the information. We first look for the BeanInfo
class by taking the full package-qualified name of the target bean class
and appending "BeanInfo" to form a new class name. If this fails, then
we take the final classname component of this name, and look for that
class in each of the packages specified in the BeanInfo package search
path. '

     /Markus