commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [configuraiton] Save multiple values in one line
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:18:24 GMT
Kenji Nakamura wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just started to explorer commons-configuration, and got the
>following problem.
>I'd like to save a property to a file with List type value in one line.
>By default, the output looks like this.
>key = value1
>key = value2
>
>I want to make the output like this.
>key = value1, value2
>
>I managed to do this by setting "0"  temporarily as the delimiter in
>ProeprtiesConfiguration. However, even after I set back the original
>delimiter ',', calling getList() returns a single entry containing
>"value1,value2" as the value.
>In addition to that, I don't want to change the delimiter because it
>is static and affects all threads using AbstractConfiguration and the
>subclasses.
>
>Is there a way to save list values in one-line without resorting to
>changing the delimiter temporarily?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>--
>Kenji Nakamura

PropertiesConfiguration ATM always writes multiple lines when a property
has multiple values. I think, it would be a good idea to make this more
flexible. Could you please open a new enhancement request for this
feature in bugzilla (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/issue-tracking.html)? It
should not be too complicated to implement.

Thanks,
Oliver