commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Grogan <mgro...@mobilegolfers.net>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Problem when hosting live
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:31:53 GMT
Hi Christian,
In our web.xml file, we have a resource description as follows:

<resource-ref>
    <description>DB Connection</description>
    <res-ref-name>jdbc/pokerdb</res-ref-name>
    <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

Is this what we need to change? Will this require other changes in the
context.xml file aswell?
Incidentally, because we are being hosted on a shared Tomcat server,
will changes to our web.xml and context.xml files require a global
tomcat restart, or will it be enough just to restart our context? I
would expect the hosting company not to allow us to restart Tomcat for
more than 100 users every time we need to make a change?
Thanks,
Martin