commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] build broken
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 07:34:03 GMT
Hi Craig!

Sorry for being late, just too much work today.
> Here's the log from the nightly builds (using Ant) that are failing.  Looks
> like a problem in the way one of the dependency URLs is specified:

The build.xml is a maven generated ant file.
I removed my cache directory and started a clean build using ant-1.6.5
(though not a requirement).
It looks like the ant-plugin in maven has been changed to download a
dependency from all repositories - before it downloaded only from the
main repository which didnt work if you have to use the apache
repository too - VFS uses snapshots of some dependencies, so this is a
great new feature.

This is e.g the httpclient download:

get-custom-dep-commons-httpclient.jar:

get-dep-commons-httpclient.jar:
      [get] Getting:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
      [get] To:
/home/im/.maven/repository/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
      [get] Not modified - so not downloaded
      [get] Getting:
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
      [get] To:
/home/im/.maven/repository/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
      [get] Error opening connection java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
      [get] Can't get
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar
/home/im/.maven/repository/commons-httpclient/jars/commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar

As you might see, nothing bad with the get-custom task. Especially as
the custom get has the ignoreerrors="true" set.

I have no clue why it wont work on your machine.

Any further help is really appreciated.

Thanks!
Mario