commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Regex Map?
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 01:30:06 GMT
Eric Savage wrote:
> I have a need for a map that has regex patterns as the key.  I didn't
> see anything in collections (or anywhere else) that does this.  Could
> someone confirm that?  If it doesn't exist, I'll have to write it, and
> I would be happy to contribute it if its desired.

We don't have such a thing at present.

Its a little difficult to know how you'll create it as the key of a
hashmap needs to be distinct, unique and immutable.

Since [collections] depends on JDK1.2 and no other jar files, including
a regexp map in [collections] isn't possible ATM. Feel free to submit a
bugzilla request with your code if you wish, as it may benefit some user
indirectly.

Stephen