commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: VFS Questions
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 08:48:38 GMT
Hi!
>   1. I seem to recall a swing package with components such as a
>      FileChooser that had been created a while back, but I don't see
>      them in the HEAD.  Have they been removed for some reason?
I am not aware that we have had such a package in the past.
>   3. What is FileContentInfo?  There are a number of different types of
>      files that support different metadata.
Where possible this is to get informations about the file content like
contentType and contentEncoding.
Depending on the filesystem they will be determined using the file
extension (contentType) or the content-type header in case of http.
>      If so, are there any examples where this is used?  It would be
>      very useful to have, at a minimum, basic support for EXIF
>      metadata, MP3 metadata, PDF metadata and Office file metadata.
This is what the new "services" (or whatever name it will have) tries to
address. It will be possible to lookup the all possible services for a
given file.

---
Mario