commons-user mailing list archives

From "Srilatha Alase" <sal...@issintl.com>
Subject RE:Commons-logging WSAD5.1
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:47:19 GMT

Hi,
  I have a problem with DEBUG messages being printed in the SystemOut.log file.

we have migrated from WSAD version 4 to WSAD 5.1 and we are encountering that commons-logging
does not consider
the level assigned in the log4j.properties.It seems that It is reading the log4j.properties
that I provided
since i kept a pattern to print and it prints in the pattern specified but somehow ignores
the priority.

Even the code written to use the commons-logging is not pretty too..
the java classes which are getting logfactory and using that log instance are not having any
problems.
We have a common utility class called Debug.java and the referring classes for example: MyTestDAO.java

are invoking the methods on the Debug.java to do the logging are ignoring the log4j.properties
priorities.

Attached is the Debug.java, and the MyTestDAO.java and log4j.properties

Environment:-WSAD 5.1(WebSphere Studio Application Developer) WAS (WebSphere Application Server)
5.1

jar file :- commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
we have commons-logging.properties with the following entry :-
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory

any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
 <<log4j.properties.txt>>  <<Debug.java.txt>>  <<MyTestDAO.java.txt>>