commons-user mailing list archives

From Robert Enyedi <reny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VFS Questions
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:31:52 GMT
Mark,

The concept of file selection is specific to the application that works with
files. Just like file coloring attributes and font are. For instance, what
file selection information do you think that a command line application
needs? I think that none. So why have it in the API first of all?

Please note that VFS is just a library that provides a file abstraction
layer to transparently handle various kinds of file systems. That's all what
it does. And it does it well...

Regards,
Robert