commons-user mailing list archives

From Noam Ben Haim <noa...@gmail.com>
Subject [configuration] - Problems with XMLConfiguration and LogFactory
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:25:26 GMT
Hi
I am working with Jakarta commons in an Eclipse 3.2 environment. I changed
computer and since then some of my cod eis broken. It used to work but now
for the following code:

XMLConfiguration langConfig = new XMLConfiguration();
langConfig.load(path + "/langs.xml");

I get the following exception:
    at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(
AbstractFileConfiguration.java:180)
    at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration.load(
XMLConfiguration.java:353)
    at bfl.config.BFLDataManager.<init>(BFLDataManager.java:48)
    at gui.BFLApp.readConfiguration(BFLApp.java:748)
    at gui.BFLApp.open(BFLApp.java:125)
    at gui.BFLApp.main(BFLApp.java:116)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException)
(Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException))
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(
LogFactoryImpl.java:543)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(
LogFactoryImpl.java:235)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(
LogFactoryImpl.java:209)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)
    at org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationUtils.<clinit>(
ConfigurationUtils.java:41)
    ... 6 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException (Caused by java.lang.NullPointerException)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(
LogFactoryImpl.java:397)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(
LogFactoryImpl.java:529)
    ... 10 more
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(
LogFactoryImpl.java:374)
    ... 11 more

Plz advise

Thanks