commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Hufgard <>
Subject Re[2]: [DBCP] Problem when hosting live
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:53:30 GMT
Hi Martin,

I think first of all, you should change the mailing list. :) This is
more a tomcat-config than a dbcp problem.
The resource-ref in the web.xml seems ok for me. Did you have the
datasource globally defined on your development/testing system?
Restarting your context should be sufficent if you changed your

Take a look at
there is a pretty helpful documentation how to set up datasource for
Tomcat 5.5.

> Hi Christian,
> In our web.xml file, we have a resource description as follows:

> <resource-ref>
>     <description>DB Connection</description>
>     <res-ref-name>jdbc/pokerdb</res-ref-name>
>     <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>   </resource-ref>

> Is this what we need to change? Will this require other changes in the
> context.xml file aswell?
> Incidentally, because we are being hosted on a shared Tomcat server,
> will changes to our web.xml and context.xml files require a global
> tomcat restart, or will it be enough just to restart our context? I
> would expect the hosting company not to allow us to restart Tomcat for
> more than 100 users every time we need to make a change?
> Thanks,
> Martin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: