commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileUploadBase.UnknownSizeException
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 04:12:28 GMT
On 1/10/06, poc0456@aim.com <poc0456@aim.com> wrote:

> hello
>
> i'm working the latest version 1.1 of fileupload but i'm getting the
> following error when i run my app (a java portlet) in bea weblogic 8.1,
> sp5:
>
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$UnknownSizeException: the
> request was rejected because it's size is unknown
>
> is fileupload not working right?

That depends. If the request does not include a content length header, then
FileUpload is working correctly. It cannot handle multipart requests unless
the content length is specified. There is an existing enhancement request to
add support for this case. However, this seldom comes up with browser
clients.

If the request _does_ include a content length header, then there might be
an issue. You should also ensure that the request has not already been
parsed by some other code before it reaches your code.

--
Martin Cooper

-- poc