commons-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTPClient : Validator Exception on Certificate
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:39:53 GMT
On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 21:35 -0800, Ramaswamy, Muthu wrote:
> Hi All-
>
> I am using the HttpClient for the first time and also new to SSL. When I ran the sample
program that access verisign site, I receive the following error:

> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:No trusted
certificate found

> I am using JDK 1.4 and the JSSE verification check as per Sun's JSEE document went through
well to check the JSSE install.

> Appreciate your input.
>
> -Muthu

Muthu,
You need to correctly set up the SSL context used by HttpClient to
establish secure connections. The certificate sent by the target server
(verisign in your case) is not trusted per default (no idea why).

For details see general documentation on SSL/TSL, JSSE standard
extension, and the HttpClient SSL guide (below)

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

Oleg