commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Digester] Digester does not seem to me to make use of StringArrayConverter (Test case here)
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:31:42 GMT
On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 18:40 +0100, Alessio Pace wrote:
> Hi, in my last post I was trying to dig into the String to String[]
> conversion with no success.
>
> So, I splitted it up and did a test case to try to figure out what's wrong.

The BeanPropertySetterRule does the invocation with this line of code:

    BeanUtils.setProperty(top, property, bodyText);

Where "top" is the object the property is being set on, "property" is a
string containing the name of the javabean property and "bodyText" is
the string to be converted and passed to the property.

Could you try your example on that? If this correctly invokes
ConvertUtils then there is a problem with Digester. If not, there is a
problem with BeanUtils (or your converter).

Regards,

Simon