commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error with digester and JasperReports / IllegalAccessError & setNestedPropertiesRule
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 07:48:32 GMT
On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 16:17 +0000, Marco Mistroni wrote:
> Hello all,
> 	I am running JasperReports v. 1.1.0, that uses Digester 1.7
>
> In running my report I got following exception
>
> 04/01/06 15:55:19:797 GMT]  c563211 Digester      E
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester  TRAS0014I: The following exception was
> logged java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
> org.apache.commons.digester.SetNestedPropertiesRule$AnyChildRule tried to
> access field org/apache/commons/digester/Digester.log from class
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.digester.SetNestedPropertiesRule$AnyChildRule.body(SetNes
> tedPropertiesRule.java:393)

[snip]

> I had this error before and fixed long time ago.... but now I don't remember
> how I fix it... was it to revert to digester 1.6
>
> Do I have to revert to an earlier version of commons-digester?
> I am using following libraries
>
> Digester 1.7
> BeanUtils 1.5
> Collections 2.1
> Logging 1.0.2
> Logging-api 1.0.2
>
> Anyone could help?

I remember this being reported many months ago. I looked into it, but
the line numbers and error reported didn't make any sense. I recommended
contacting the Jasper developers to see if they had done anything
non-standard with Digester. Nothing else was ever heard on the topic as
far as I know.

The situation is still the same. The first point of call should be
Jasper I think - unless you can provide a simple testcase that
duplicates this which I can run without installing jasper and running
reports.

Regards,

Simon