commons-user mailing list archives

From Valerio Schiavoni <>
Subject Re: Digester: create parent from child node value
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:39:12 GMT
this is my first post to the commons ml, thanks for the support.

i'm willing to use digester to parse this kind ofxml:

<parameters  type="RenameRelationOperatorParameter">

there could be different kind of type values.

Now, the value of the parameters should be used on the
1-arg constructor for objects of type RenameRelationOperatorParameter. At
this time, there are no setParam method, and i' searching for a solution
that avoid adding them.

in my digesterReader at this time i have this (reduced to show the problem)

digester.addFactoryCreate("parameters", new OperatorParameterFactory());

and the OperatorParameterFactory is:
    public static class OperatorParameterFactory extends
AbstractObjectCreationFactory {

      public Object createObject(Attributes arg0) throws Exception {
          String operatorType = arg0.getValue("type");
          OperatorParameter result = null;

          try {
            result = (OperatorParameter) Class.forName
          }catch ( ClassNotFoundException e) {
            throw new UnsupportedOperationException("OperatorParameter named
"+operatorType+" is not supported yet");

          return result;

thanks for any support you can provide,

To Iterate is Human, to Recurse, Divine
James O. Coplien, Bell Labs