commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Chain] - Settable Parameter Question.
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:33:28 GMT
On 12/18/05, Md. Rezaul Hoque <java.mail.archive@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you tell me please where can I get dtd/xsd to know about to write
> config-chain.xml of commons-chain?
>
> Regards
> -Babu
>

> There is no formal DTD for this document, because you can do things (like
define the names of the elements you are going to use) that simply cannot be
represented in a DTD or schema document.

Your best bet for learning what is possible, and how to use it, is to
examine the JavaDocs for the ConfigRuleSet class (which is where you
configure all the things that are recognized), which is a set of matching
rules for Digester.  In addition, the "cookbook" page of the Commons Chain
website:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/chain/cookbook.html

has some examples that illustrate what the configuration files look like if
you accept all the default values.  Of course, it also includes pretty much
everything else you need to know in order to program with Commons Chain, so
this page is worth a bookmark in your browser.

Craig