commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESOURCES] Messages vs. regular properties
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:27:33 GMT
On 12/1/05, Michael Jouravlev <jmikus@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Even with JSTL expressions, I think a Map would be more useful than a
> List.
>
> Yes, of course Map is better. Thanks for correction, Craig.
>
> Btw, seems like ResourcesFactoryBase which is used in Messages, caches
> resources in memory. This makes things faster, but I prefer this to be
> configurable, so we would not have the "reloadable resources" problem.

You can deal with "reloadable resources" by either overriding the caching
(what the JDBC resources factory should do), or implementing a side
mechanism that watches for file changes and reloads the underlying resources
on the fly.

Note that, if you use the ResourceBundle implementation, the JDK is going to
cache these things anyway, if if we don't here.

Michael.

Craig