commons-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: XMLConfiguration load problem - External Entity not found
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:00:45 GMT
Hi William,

William Evans wrote:

> Jorg,
> Thanks for your advice. I do use a variety of 3rd party software but never
> try and merge into one big fat jar (I agree that it is a bad habit). All
> 3rd party s/w is left unadulterated and accessed in the standard classpath
> way (no ext libs or anything funky like that).

well, I did not imply that *you* did that, but any of your 3rd party
vendors. E.g. cglib-full contained in 2.0.x a version of ASM 1.x. Or the
weblogic.jar from 6.1 contained roughly anything - jar size was about 41MB.

> This is why I am confused: I have pulled 1.0rc right out of my machine and
> replaced with 1.2 - still I get this problem...
> 
> The class loader I am using is bog-standard Sun
> (sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader).

I thought, it would be possible to get somehow the location from where this
class was loaded .. but some time has passed by since my last time tweaking
class loaders ...


- Jörg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message