commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [chain] DTD/XSD of config-chain.xml
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:32:39 GMT
Please add component prefixes to email subjects, I've prepended
[chain] to this email's subject.

On 12/18/05, Md. Rezaul Hoque <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can you tell me please where can I get dtd/xsd to know about to write
> config-chain.xml of commons-chain?

I'm not aware of one. Some thoughts that may help, based on my understanding:

 * A <catalog> element (usually the root) can contain any number of commands.
 * A command may be represented by a single <command> element or a
<chain> element
 * A <chain> element can contain multiple <command> elements, which
get executed in order
 * The generic command LookupCommand allows you to refer to another
command in the same or different catalog
 * Commands can be Filters, which get calls for postprocessing on
failure or run to completion.
 * It is possible to define multiple catalogs (chain-config files) in
the web.xml.

> Regards
> -Babu

To unsubscribe, e-mail: