commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] SCXMLDigester setNamespaceAware
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:55:03 GMT
On 12/15/05, Mike Sparr - www.goomzee.com <mike@goomzee.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> Everything is working except one issue.  As we added
> setNamespaceAware(true) in the digester, it adds some "junk" to our soap
> message within the send tags.
<snip/>

"Junk" as in namespace URIs? Is there anything else?

> For our specific purpose, it seems
> unnecessary, but do you think making that setNamespaceAware(true) should
> be configurable?  This way, for our use, we have strictly defined the
> xml format to client/app so we don't need namespaces but others may.
> For now, we'll just change that value to false but I propose that is
> configurable value.

<snap/>

If we need configurability, IMO, it would be better to open up some of
the SCXMLDigester API so it can also be treated as a Factory class for
suitably configured Digester instances, with the newInstance() method
-- and updateSCXML() for completion -- being public.

That would give users freedom to configure more than just
namespace-awareness. But, freedom has a price (being able to use it
correctly), so lets give this some more thought (which is why I'm
asking about your particular use case).

-Rahul

> Cheers,
>

> Mike