commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Concurrent users
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 05:39:09 GMT
On 12/14/05, Mike Sparr - www.goomzee.com <mike@goomzee.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> Two issues reported:
>
> EventDispatcher#send
> - inability to access context
<snip/>

Which is per design. Can you elaborate why the context should be accessible?

> - inability to access externalNodes (solved in prior thread - adding
> externalNodes to method signature)
<snap/>

Yup, fixed in SVN :-)

> SCXMLExecutor#reset
> - reset method resets ALL context(s)
> ? should have reset for only that user's context, but to do that, we
> would have to instantiate an SCXML obj (stateMachine) for each as well
> as executor?
<snip/>
> You mention "appropriately configured Executor" below.  I wonder if you
> suggest each Executor instance also has its own unique state machine
> (SCXML obj) instance too.
<snap/>

Yes, the SCXML object is the in-memory representation of an instance
of the state machine. The evaluation contexts hang off of each State
within the SCXML object, and so the reset method is clearing the
contexts for this instance of the state machine. For each new
user/session, a new instance is called for (SCXML as well as
SCXMLExecutor).

>  If so, I'm curious what implications this
> would have on memory.
<snip/>

The SCXML Java object model is fairly lightweight. Since your usecase
is in the servlet container -- and most web related frameworks /
technologies have much higher requirements -- I don't see any cause
for concern.

-Rahul