commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Send
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:43:42 GMT
On 12/14/05, Mike Sparr - www.goomzee.com <mike@goomzee.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,

<snip/>

> I believe the EventDispatcher#send needs to have externalNodes added,
> and if you decide to add the getBodyContent, then perhaps a String
> bodyContent (not sure about that)?  Do you allow method overloading in
> your Interfaces?

<snap/>

> Should the send method be (or just add these [overload])?:
>
>    void send(String sendId, String target, String targetType,
>            String event, Map params, Object hints, long delay,
>            List externalNodes);

<snip/>

Yes, thats what it should be, thanks. Will make the change in a minute.

>    void send(String sendId, String target, String targetType,
>            String event, Map params, Object hints, long delay,
>            List externalNodes, String bodyContent);

<snap/>

This, however, is mostly redundant. The users are free to do what they
need with the externalNodes (i.e. they can serialize those, if thats
what suits the particular task at hand -- which is probably what you
need to do for your purposes).

-Rahul