commons-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [chain] DTD/XSD of config-chain.xml
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:17:07 GMT

> I'm not aware of one. Some thoughts that may help, based on my understanding:
>
>  * A <catalog> element (usually the root) can contain any number of commands.
>  * A command may be represented by a single <command> element or a
> <chain> element
>  * A <chain> element can contain multiple <command> elements, which
> get executed in order

Any thoughts on the use of <catalog> as the root element vs. <chains>
as shown in the cookbook examples?

Using <catalog> puts the commands into the default catalog which is
retrieved with CatalogFactory.getInstance().getCatalog().

Using <chains> seems to do something else.  I haven't figured out if
the commands are going somewhere else, if the config file just isn't
being parsed, (or if I'm imagining it.)

Thanks,
--
Wendy