commons-user mailing list archives

From "Swoboda, Tomasz" <taswob...@chevychasebank.net>
Subject net.ftp.FTPClient
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:26:39 GMT
Hi,

I have a situation where I need to use the FTPClient over the proxy server, to get a file
from an outside of the firewall.
The following win NT script works fine:

open 10.100.10.10  		// proxy server address
user_id				// proxy automatically prompts for user: user_id is the only req.. input (no pass
needed)

// now I am connected to the proxy server
// the server replies : 230 [002-0024] Specify Remote Destination with: quote site hostname
// script continues...

quote site 100.100.10.10	// remote server on which the target file is located
user remote_user_id		// provide remote user_id
my_pass				// provide remote password
cd /target_dir/			// change dir
get my_file.txt			// get my file
bye					// terminate

Again - this script works fine when used from the ftp command prompt on NT. I get my file
OK.

I have successfully used net.ftp.FTPClient before, but on the intranet only.. I spent a couple
of hours trying to convert this script to FTPClient calls, but I can't get pass the "quote
site 100.100.10.10" input and the prompt: "230 [002-0024] Specify Remote Destination with:
quote site hostname" keeps on returning to me... I'd truly appreciate all ideas!!!

- Tom

they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error
please notify the system manager.

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.

Chevy Chase Bank