commons-user mailing list archives

From "Calum MacLean" <cnmacl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Commons Collections and generics?
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:16:29 GMT
Hi

I'm using Java 5.0, and I was wondering what the latest is on Commons Collections support
for generics.

I'm aware that there have been a couple of different efforts to do this:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/collections, http://larvalabs.com/collections/
    http://collections15.sourceforge.net/, http://sourceforge.net/projects/collections15
However, it's not clear what the status of these efforts is - how complete they are.

It's also not clear what the official Commons Collections stance is on creating a generics
implementation of Commons Collections, or on these 2 efforts in particular.
Does anyone have more info?

Also, does the apparent lack of interest in a generics implementation of Commons Collections
suggest that hardly anyone is actually using Java 5.0...?

Thanks,
Calum