commons-user mailing list archives

From "Noah Keen" <nk...@firstlook.biz>
Subject MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager vs. NIO
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:36:50 GMT
Hi,

I hope this is the right list.

I have just finished using MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager to help us
with performance issues. Our web app connects to a 3rd party via an HTTP
request. The app was going all pear shaped because we could handle lots
of requests but we not able to 'pass thru' the requests fast enough.

My MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager solution seems to have solved the
issue admirably. However, I am curious, is it a good solution? When
should one use MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager and when should you
look at implementing an NIO solution using, for example, Java 1.4+
native stuff?

Thanks,
Noah

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged.  It is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein.  If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying, or use of the contents
of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.