commons-user mailing list archives

From "William Evans" <william.ev...@ronin-capital.com>
Subject XMLConfiguration load problem - External Entity not found
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:22:40 GMT
I am using 'commons-configuration-1.2.jar' to make it easier to read XML
configuration files.

The files are not terribly complex but do have associated DTDs. Ideally
I would like to specify the DTD location using a local, relative path.
The problem is that when I try and load the file, I get:

Relative URI "../../../yyyy.dtd"; can not be resolved without a base
URI.

So, after reading about a similar problem with solution posted by
Oliver, I tried specifying the full path. Now I get:

External entity not found:
"file://C:/eclipse/workspace/xxxx/dtds/yyyyy.dtd".

Or...

External entity not found: "C:/eclipse/workspace/xxxx/dtds/yyyyy.dtd".

What is up here? Is the use of DTDs not really supported? In the article
I found, Oliver said that he had fixed the relative path problem. Is
there some other issue going on?

Any help much appreciated...

Bill